Call For Proposals
In Our Students and Community
The Art and Science of Teaching and Learning
Friday, March 7, 2014
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
De Anza College, Conference Rooms A & B
All De Anza staff, faculty, and administrators are encouraged to submit proposals consistent with the conference theme to explore questions around fostering resilience on the De Anza Campus.
Resilience is the ability to generate new workable ways of
doing things as the situation changes and unfolds.
Conference Session format options include: questionshop, performance, activity, workshop, exhibit, panel, and lecture. At least half of each session should be interactive peer engagement. Trained student facilitators have become an integral part of this conference and are eager to work with presenters to facilitate these sessions.
Topics to provoke your imagination:
- Using resilience approaches to teaching and learning in the sciences
- Leveraging cultural resilience in the classroom and community
- Promoting a climate of civility on the De Anza campus
- Using students’ artistic intelligence in the classroom
Prepare the following information to submit for your presentation:
- All presenters' names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses.
- Title of your presentation (limit of 20 words)
- The format of your presentation (workshop, questionshop, lecture, performance, activity, exhibit, or panel discussion)
- A two to three sentence description of your presentation (limit of 40 words)
- An abstract of 150 words or less describing what you're going to cover and what will be involved in the interactive portion.
- What type of classroom or facility do you need.
- Do you or your team prefer session 1 from 10-11:45 a.m. or session 2 from 1:15 to 3 p.m.
- Do you need a smart classroom setup.
- Is there other non-computer equipment you need.
- Would you like to have the support of trained student facilitators for your presentation.
Submit your proposal in Survey Monkey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RFPforPinL
Submission deadline extended: Monday, December 2, 2013
For questions about your presentation proposal please contact Cynthia Kaufman at firstname.lastname@example.org
; for questions about Survey Monkey, contact Mary Kay Englen at (408) 864-8322.