Standard III: Resources
- Physical Resources
Physical resources, which include facilities, equipment, land, and other
assets, support student learning programs and services and improve institutional
effectiveness. Physical resource planning is integrated with institutional
- The institution provides safe and sufficient physical resources that support
and assure the integrity and quality of its programs and services, regardless
of location or means of delivery.
- The institution plans, builds, maintains, and upgrades or replaces
its physical resources in a manner that assures effective utilization
and the continuing quality necessary to support its programs and services.
- The institution assures that physical resources at all locations
where it offers courses, programs, and services are constructed and maintained
to assure access, safety, security, and a healthful learning and working
- To assure the feasibility and effectiveness of physical resources in supporting
institutional programs and services, the institution plans and evaluates
its facilities and equipment on a regular basis, taking utilization and
other relevant data into account.
- Long-range capital plans support institutional improvement
goals and reflect projections of the total cost of ownership of new
facilities and equipment.
- Physical resource planning is integrated with institutional
planning. The institution systematically assesses the effective use
of physical resources and uses the results of the evaluation as the
basis for improvement.
Previous: Standard IIIA, Human Resources
Next: Standard IIIC, Technology Resources