Standard III: Resources
- Financial Resources
Financial resources are sufficient to support student learning programs and
services and to improve institutional effectiveness. The distribution of resources
supports the development, maintenance, and enhancement of programs and services.
The institution plans and manages its financial affairs with integrity and
in a manner that ensures financial stability. The level of financial resources
provides a reasonable expectation of both short-term and long-term financial
solvency. Financial resources planning is integrated with institutional planning.
Technology resources are used to support student learning programs and services
and to improve institutional effectiveness. Technology planning is integrated
with institutional planning.
- The institution relies upon its mission and goals as the foundation for
- Financial planning is integrated with and supports all institutional
- Institutional planning reflects realistic assessment of financial
resource availability, development of financial resources, partnerships,
and expenditure requirements.
- When making short-range financial plans, the institution considers
its long-range financial priorities to assure financial stability. The
institution clearly identifies and plans for payment of liabilities and
- The institution clearly defines and follows its guidelines
and processes for financial planning and budget development, with all
constituencies having appropriate opportunities to participate in the
development of institutional plans and budgets.
Previous: Standard IIIC, Technology Resources
Next: Standard IIID, Financial Resources continued