Guaranteed Admission is more commonly referred to by the term Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG). A TAG is a contractual agreement that provides DAC students guaranteed admission to a participating transfer college or university. A TAG may not be available for all majors, impacted programs, and colleges or schools at a participating TAG college or university. Students interested in completing a TAG must satisfy specified admission and course requirements in a timely manner in order to be guaranteed admission to a participating TAG college or university.
Upon confirming eligibility for a TAG, students are encouraged to meet with a university admissions representative (when available) or a De Anza College counselor or academic adviser to review and confirm course selection.
Participating TAG Colleges and Universities
University of California
Six UC campuses offer the Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program for CCC students who meet and specific requirements. Students may apply for TAG to one UC campus per academic year. A TAG is not required for applicants to be considered for admission to UC.
Learn more about How to Apply for a UC TAG or click on a UC campus TAG page link below:
NOTE: UC Berkeley, UCLA, and UC San Diego do not participate in TAG.
California Private Colleges and Universities
List of California private colleges and universities that offer guaranteed admission to DAC students:
NOTE: TAA is available for select majors/programs at participating California private institutions.
Out-of-State Colleges and Universities
List of out-of-state colleges and universities that offer guaranteed admission to DAC students:
Historically Black Colleges and Universities
An agreement between the California Community Colleges (CCC) and several Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) signed in March 2015 provides CCC students who complete certain academic requirements guaranteed transfer to a participating HBCU campus.
Learn more about the CCC Transfer Guarantee to HBCU program or click on a participating HBCU campus link below:
- Alabama State University (AL)
- Alcorn State University (MS)
- Arkansas Baptist College (AK)
- Bennett College (NC)
- Bethune-Cookman University (FL)
- Bowie State University (MD)
- Central State University (OH)
- Claflin University (SC)
- Clark Atlanta University (GA)
- Dillard University (LA)
- Edward Waters College (FL)
- Fisk University (TN)
- Florida Memorial University (FL)
- Fort Valley State University (GA)
- Grambling State University (LA)
- Harris-Stowe State University (MO)
- Huston-Tillotson University (TX)
- Kentucky State University (KY)
- Lane College (TN)
- Lincoln University of Missouri (MO)
- Lincoln University (PA)
- Mississippi Valley State University (MS)
- North Carolina Central University (NC)
- Philander Smith College (AR)
- Shaw University (NC)
- Southern University and A&M College (LA)
- Stillman College (AL)
- Talladega College (AL)
- Tennessee State University (TN)
- Texas Southern University (TX)
- Tougaloo College (MS)
- Tuskegee University (AL)
- Virginia State University (VA)
- West Virginia State University (WV)
- Wiley College (TX)
Questions about Guaranteed Admission?
- Meet with a DAC counselor or academic adviser:
DISCLAIMER: The final responsibility for successful transfer rests with the student. The information posted on this website is designed to assist students in obtaining the most accurate transfer-related information possible. However, this information is subject to change without notice, which may subsequently impact admission to a transfer college or university.
Students are encouraged to meet as early as possible in their academic careers and periodically with a DAC counselor or academic adviser to develop a Student Education Plan and with a transfer college or university admissions representative to confirm their choice of classes.