Business/Computer Systems Computer Lab Rules
- Only students enrolled in Accounting, CAOS, CDI and CIS lecture/lab courses may create accounts an use the Business/Computer Systems lab located in ADM 119.
- Students may not share accounts. If a student gives his/her password to another person, the student's account will be disabled for the remainder of the quarter.
- The Business/Computers Systems Computer Lab is considered to be a quiet study area. Loud conversations are to be avoided. Any student acting in a disruptive manner will be asked to leave the lab.
- NO cellular phone and pager use is permitted in the lab. Either turn off your mobile devices or place them on vibrate before entering the lab.
- Be prepared to show your De Anza Student Body Card anytime you are asked to do so by lab staff.
- For safety reasons, requests for accounts and/or password changes must be accompanied by a valid picture ID.
- Students are not permitted to plug their laptops into the network while in the lab. Students are permitted to use the De Anza Wi-Fi.
- Students should not access the Internet or Microsoft Office unless required to do so by their registered Accounting, CAOS, CDI and CIS classes.
- Pornography, games, and chatting is strictly prohibited. Surfing, unless required by their registered Accounting, CAOS, CDI and CIS classes, is also strictly prohibited.
- No personal, non-CIS or non-Accounting work may be done in this lab using the lab computers.
- Students may only print class-related materials. Any unauthorized printing is subject to being cancelled. This includes web documents, personal email, non-Accounting, non-CAOS, non-CIS, lecture notes and lecture documents.
- Each Windows account has a printing quota. Staff will be monitoring how many pages are being printed and what is being printed.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking (including water) are not permitted in the lab.
- Children and pets are not allowed in the lab with the exception of seeing-eye dogs.
Violation of the Above Policies May Result in the Disabling
of Your Student Account.
||Account disabled for 1 day & verbal warning
||Account disabled for 1 week & student must see instructor
||Account disabled for the remainder of the quarter