Associate Degree for Transfer
The pathway of development is a journey of discovery. Come and discover
one more way.
In our efforts to develop a comprehensive pathway to move you from courses to certificates to the degree, our CD&E Department is now offering this new transfer degree. Complete the core curriculum required to transfer by completing the 37 Child Development quarter units (equivalent to 24 semester units), and 54 General Education units for a total of 90 units. The transfer degree includes the following:
CD10G Child Growth & Development: The Early Years (4)
CD10H Child,Growth & Development: The Middle and Adolescent Years
CD12 Child, Family, & Community Interrelationships (4)
CD50 Principles and practices of Teaching Young Children (4)
CD51 Student Teaching Practicum (5)
CD52 Observation and Assessment of the Young Child (4)
CD54 Curriculum for Early Childhood Programs (4)
CD64 Health, Safety , & Nutrition for the Young Child (4)
CD68 Teaching in a Diverse Society (4)
Download a PDF version of the Early Childhood Education, A.S.-T. Degree.
To pursue this transfer degree, follow these steps.
1. Schedule an appointment with Mayra Cruz firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Schedule time with a Counselor in Counseling and Advising Center to complete the Education Plan.
3. Attend a college and department orientation.
4. Take the placement tests for English, Math, or ESL.
5. Visit the Associate Degree for Transfer (SB 1440) Overview webpage for information.
Our Department will be forming student cohorts. If you are interested in becoming part of a cohort, please contact Mayra Cruz at email@example.com
For more information about De Anza's transfer degrees, visit Transfer Planning and the online student transfer information system ASSIST