Print of child's hand on tiled wall

Child Development and Education

Diane Advising


Department Advising

Our faculty offers department advising experience to department students seeking to complete our programs.  Advising includes familiarizing students with campus and community services that enhance a student's educational experience at De Anza.  


    Advising includes, but is not limited to,

  • Child Development Permit
  • Child Development Program requirements and course sequence
  • Foreign transcript review information
  • Early Childhood Education Transfer Degree
Declare a major, take the placement tests, attend a campus student orientation, and
visit a Counselor to complete your Education Plan. 
Visit Counseling webpage for information. 

  For Faculty Advising contact your instructor.

Winter 2017

Faculty Email Day Time Location
Nellie Vargas     CD2-21e
Mayra Cruz contact via email for an appointment   CD2-21C
Fatemeh Zarghami

 Monday 5:30-6:30

Saturday 8:30-9:30





Child Development Training consortium CDTC

Promotes high quality early education to California's children and families by providing financial and technical assistance to child development students and professionals.At De Anza, the consortium funds are used to provide book vouchers.  For information contact Dr. Li Wei Sun

The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) offers six levels of the Child Development Permit, each with its own set of issuance requirements and each authorizing the holder to perform different levels of service in child development programs.

Students interested in applying for a child Development Permit can download the permit application at the Child Development Training Consortium website to access the permit application.

Foreign Transcript Review Need an evaluation of a degree achieved outside of the United States? Take a look at these CCTC approved agencies.


Chair: Dr. Li Wei Sun
Office: CD2-21d
Phone: 408.864.5329



Last Updated: 2/7/17