Meet with a Counselor
Depending on the reason, currently enrolled De Anza students may meet with a counselor or academic advisor by drop-in session and/or scheduled appointment.
Pre-scheduled appointments will only be made for the following reasons:
- Academic Probation: To remove a registration HOLD for levels of Pre-Dismissal
- Financial Aid Extension: Please visit the Financial Aid office before scheduling
your counseling appointment.
- U.S. Military Veteran Educational Plan: Please see a college Veteran Services representative before scheduling your counseling appointment.
To schedule an appointment, call 408.864.5400 or come to the Counseling and Advising Center during office hours.
All other counseling and advising services are available only through drop-in sessions.
- Always allow ample time to get on the drop-in list before the end
of that day's scheduled hours.
- See Counseling and Advising hours by day.
- Drop-in sessions typically are 15-30 minutes.
Be Prepared for Your Meeting
Whether by pre-scheduled appointment or drop-in session, bring all appropriate paper work about your education to any Counseling meeting, workshop or class, including the following:
- Work completed at prior meetings
- Assist agreements
- To prepare, see What's Your Reason?
Are You a New Student to De Anza?
Please follow these steps before meeting individually with a counselor or advisor.
|Disclaimer: The final responsibility for successfully achieving an educational goal rests with the student. Information on-line is designed to be helpful; however, this information changes frequently. It is recommended that students consult catalogs, counselors/academic advisors, departments and universities to confirm an educational plan.