If you're a new student this winter at De Anza, you must complete orientation in order to learn important information to help you succeed.
- Orientation is also a state-required step for priority enrollment.
- As soon as you complete orientation and the other necessary steps, you will qualify for priority enrollment for the following quarter.
- All steps must have been completed by a designated date to receive priority enrollment for winter.
- You must apply for admission in advance in order to obtain your student ID to sign up for orientation.
Options for Completing Orientation
Option 1 - TAKE A SESSION OFFERED IN WINTER
You can download the orientation presentation here.
- Sessions are currently full. More sign up times for winter will be available soon.
- You need to have applied for winter admission and received your student ID number in order to sign up.
- It's best to take placement tests before orientation.
- You'll learn how to choose your classes and create your winter quarter educational plan — another step in qualifying for priority enrollment
Option 2 - REGISTER FOR COUN 200
Enroll in a more comprehensive Counseling 200 class this winter. This 1/2-unit credit course provides more detail on each topic you'll need to succeed, including degree and transfer options, and includes the development of a comprehensive educational plan.
Complete orientation right away!
Remember, the sooner you complete orientation and all steps, the sooner you will qualify for priority enrollment.
If you wait until spring quarter to complete orientation, you will not qualify for priority enrollment for spring quarter classes.