Module 2: Password and Profile
What is my password?
- Birthday (in form MMDDYYYY) if new to Catalyst OR your current Catalyst password (if you already used Catalyst this year)
- If that fails, request account details via email
- Check your spam, junk, and trash if the email with the details doesn't arrive soon
- If you do not receive an email within 24 hours, request a password reset through the Technical Help Desk
I want to choose a new Catalyst password
- To change your password, you must request a password reset through the Technical Help Desk
- Explain that you want to pick a new password
- You will be sent by email a temporary password that allows you to login and choose a new one
What is a Catalyst profile?
Your Profile in Catalyst has information about you, some of which classmates can see, such as a small photo. The advanced setings allow you to share additional information and decide whether you will automatically receive e-mails when you post to discussion forums. Be sure to keep your email address current to receive class announcements.
I want to update my profile
- Log into Catalyst
- Enter one of your classes by clicking on the name
- Click the My Profile Settings link in the Administration block in the left column
- Click the "Edit profile" link
- Make changes to your profile, including updating your email address and uploading a 100x100 pixel jpg picture. (Don't change your name or the instructor won't be able to assign you a grade.)
- Click the "Update profile" button at the page bottom to save changes
Next Module: Module 3: Navigation in Catalyst
| First Time Home | Module 1 | Module 2 | Module 3 |