Module 2: Password and Profile
What is my password?
- Birthday (in form YYYYMMDD) if new to Catalyst OR your current Catalyst password (if you already used Catalyst this year)
- If that fails, request account details via email
- Check your spam, junk, and trash if the email with the details doesn't arrive soon
- If you do not receive an email within 24 hours, request a password reset through the Technical Help Desk
I want to choose a new Catalyst password
- To change your password, log into Catalyst
- In the Administration block in the left column, click the My Profile Settings link
- Click the Change Password link
- Complete the form, entering your existing password in the top field and the one you'd like in the next two fields, then click Save Changes
What is a Catalyst profile?
Your Profile in Catalyst has information about you, some of which classmates can see, such as a small photo. The advanced setings allow you to share additional information and decide whether you will automatically receive e-mails when you post to discussion forums. Be sure to keep your email address current to receive class announcements.
I want to update my profile
- Log into Catalyst
- Enter one of your classes by clicking on the name
- Click the My Profile Settings link in the Administration block in the left column
- Click the Edit profile link
- Make changes to your profile, including updating your email address and uploading a 100x100 pixel jpg picture. (Don't change your name or the instructor won't be able to assign you a grade; shrink and crop a photo to 100x100 pixels at webresizer.com.)
- Click the Update Profile button at the page bottom to save changes
Next Module: Module 3: Navigation in Catalyst
| First Time Home | Module 1 | Module 2 | Module 3 |