Section One: Coming To De Anza College
Disability Support Programs
and Services (DSPS) Division
De Anza’s Disability Support Programs and Services Division offers a comprehensive program of academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, services, and educational assistance instruction in order to:
- Deliver to students with disabilities those essential academic support services that promote equal access and opportunity and that help students realize their academic capacity.
- Design and implement educational assistance courses not offered in the college’s curriculum that meet special disability-related educational needs, with an emphasis on those that contribute to students’ educational and vocational goals.
- Advocate for the needs and interests of students with disabilities within the campus community.
- Empower students with disabilities to advocate on their own behalf.
- Assist the college in meeting its legal and educational code obligations.
Key Area Descriptions
In addition, the Division offers a comprehensive program in the Assistive Technology Lab to address assistive technology needs.