How to Document a Disability
The De Anza College Disability Verification form
- is required to document most disabilities
- must be dated within one year
- must be signed by an appropriate professional
Eligible disability conditions and the professionals who are authorized to verify them are listed in Disability Definitions/Documentation.
The Disability Verification Packet contains 4 documents (.pdf) to be printed and taken to the treating professional.
Disability Verification Packet
Instructions to Student
|Step by step instructions for prospective DSS students
|Disability Verification form
||Doctor or treating professional completes & signs.
||Information on eligible disabilities and the treating professionals who may verify them.
|Letter to Treating Professional
||Instructions for the doctor or treating professional on completing the Disability Verification form
To complete the verification process, a prospective DSS student must
Click on Disability Verification Packet to open the PDF documents.
- Complete Student Section
- Fill in the fields on the PDF form on-line or fill in by hand AFTER packet is printed
- Print all four items in the packet.
- Provide this entire packet to your treating professional/doctor to complete and sign.
- After the Disability Verification Form is completed and signed by the treating professional or doctor, it should be returned to:
Disability Support Services
De Anza College
21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95124
The form may be returned by hand, FAX, or mail.
NOTE: Use Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to open and print document.