How to Request Interpreting/Captioning Services
Requesting Services for Enrolled Classes
- To receive services each quarter, students must register for classes with a Disability Support Services (DSS) Counselor.
- Students requesting interpreting or captioning services should register as early as possible, during the DSS priority period.
- Interpreters and captioners are scheduled in order of student registrations.
- The priority period is e-mailed to students,
- It is also posted in the News and Announcements of the Disability Support Services web-site and is posted in the DSS office.
- After registering for classes, students should meet with the Deaf Services' Supervisor and complete a "Request for Services" (the "pink" form) (PDF)
- After turning in the Request for Services Form, if the student changes the initial class schedule,
- Inform the Deaf Services' Supervisor immediately.
- If the student waits to do this, interpreting/captioning services may be delayed.
Requesting Services for Final Exams
- Interpreting/captioning services are NOT utomatically scheduled for final exams given during the Finals Week period.
- If a student wants to request interpreter/captioner for a final exam, an Interpreter/Captioner Request form must be submitted to the Deaf Services' Supervisor.
- The deadline for Final Exam interpreter/captioner requests is one week (7 days) before the college Finals Week period begins.
- Students may request an interpreter or captioner for non-classroom related instructional activities such as
- a meeting with an instructor,
- a field trip
- tutoring appointments
- To request an interpreter, students must complete an "Interpreter/Captioner Request" form and submit it to the Deaf Services' Supervisor.
- Form should be received one week in advance.
- Forms are available on-line and can be completed and submitted by email attachment to OR can be printed and submitted to the Deaf Services' Office.
- Forms are also available in the Disability Support Services (DSS) office.