In the Event of an Explosion or Similar Incident
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks or other objects that give protection from broken glass or debris.
- After the effects of the explosion have subsided, notify the Police at 9-1-1. Give your name, describe the location and nature of the emergency.
- Evacuate the immediate area of the explosion by quickly walking to the nearest exit, alerting people as you go. Notify your supervisor/dean. Be aware of structural damage. Stay away from glass doors and windows. Do not touch or move any suspicious object.
- Assist others, especially the injured and disabled (see Assisting Students with Disabilities guidelines) to evacuate the building.
- Once outside, move to a clear area at least 300 feet away from the affected building. Keep the walkways clear for emergency vehicles.
- To the best of your ability, and without re-entering the building, assist the Police/college staff in their attempt to determine that everyone has evacuated safely.
- Do not return to a building until told to do so.
- If a campus wide evacuation notice is given, evacuate the campus as per instructions in the Evacuation Procedures guidelines.