This event takes place in the past.
Free Tax-Filing Assistance for Students
10:30 am to 1:30 pm
Fireside Room - Hinson Campus Center
Need help filing your taxes?
Drop by the Fireside Room and make an appointment with VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) to have your 2018 tax returns prepared for free.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays* until April 11
- 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Campus Center – Fireside Room
(* except March 20, April 3 or April 4.)
You can also make an appointment at deanzataxhelp2019.eventbrite.com
You may qualify for VITA services if you made $54,000 or less last year. This includes total household income for filers who are single or married filing jointly.
IMPORTANT: You must bring these items to have your tax returns prepared
- Proof of identification
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents, or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birthdates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package, if you received one
- Wage and earning statements (Forms W-2, W-2G or 1099-R) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- Proof of health insurance (Forms 1095-A, B or C)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Bank routing number and account number for direct deposit
- Printout of Form 1098-T (your De Anza educational expenses), which you can find on MyPortal
If you are married and filing jointly, both spouses must be present to sign the forms for electronic filing.
Learn more at earnitkeepitsaveit.org