Assignments Due on this Date
|Before the quarter begins.
- Review the Syllabus to ensure that you understand the requirements of the course, the grading policies, and the materials you will need for step 2.
- Set up for the quarter based on what you learned in the syllabus.
- Obtain the textbook bundle.
- Save the code that comes with a new textbook bundle to gain online access to the course materials for free. (See below.)
- Download any software needed to ensure that your computer works well with the course materials.
- Explore On-line Learning Resources to learn about the differences between on-line courses and on campus courses.
- Successful Online Learners - The
University of Illinois has created a profile of students who are
successful in online learning. Compare yourself to this list so that you
can manage your personal "risk areas".
Procrastination Page - Using Quicktime Videos, the students at Long
Beach City College offer tips in time management, the most important
skill for on-line learners. Don't miss it!
- Study Skills - Virginia Tech has a comprehensive site
containing tips on everything from taking notes to time management.
|In the first week of the quarter, before midnight on Thursday, Pacific Standard Time.|
- Log into the course and click around to see how the course is organized.
- Update your profile to include an email address that you use, a current contact number, and a digital photo (to make our classroom discussions friendlier and more memorable).
- Click on the link for the Introductions Forum, located in the week 1 lesson. Read some of the introductions posted by others, and reply to another student. Then, compose your own response to the questions and post it to the forum. (Please note that this is a graded assignment.)
|Before midnight on Sunday (PST) of the first week.|
- At the top of the course home page, click on 5e Textbook Resources, to register for the required textbook web site. (On this site, click on First Time Users
in the lower left.) You will need to pay a license fee with a credit card if you purchased
a used book. If you bought a new book bundle, you'll need that code you saved!
- In the course, click on the Assignment 1 file posted in the week 1 lesson and read it, if you have not already done so.
- Watch the assigned video in the textbook resources.
- Complete the assigned reading.
- Review the assigned presentations in the textbook resources.
- Click on the link for the Reflection 1, follow the posted instructions, and submit it in Catalyst. (Please note that this is a graded written assignment.)
- Look ahead to Assignment 2 to see what will be due next week.