Assignments Due on this Date
|Before the quarter begins.
- Review the Syllabus to ensure that you understand the requirements of the course, the grading policies, and the materials you will need for step 2.
- Set up for the quarter based on what you learned in the syllabus.
Explore On-line Learning Resources to learn about the differences between on-line courses and on campus courses.
- Obtain the textbook. It will be very difficult to succeed in this online class without the textbook.
- Download any software needed to ensure that your computer works well with the course materials.
- Successful Online Learners - The
University of Illinois has created a profile of students who are
successful in online learning. Compare yourself to this list so that you
can manage your personal "risk areas".
Procrastination Page - Using Quicktime Videos, the students at Long
Beach City College offer tips in time management, the most important
skill for on-line learners. Don't miss it!
- Study Skills - Virginia Tech has a comprehensive site
containing tips on everything from taking notes to time management.
|In the first week of the quarter, before midnight on Wednesday, Pacific Standard Time.|
- Log into the course and click around to see how the course is organized. Read the Assignment 1 file to find out what needs to be done this week.
- Update your profile to include an email address that you use, a current contact number, and a digital photo (to make our classroom discussions friendlier and more memorable).
- Watch the assigned videos.
- Click on the link for the Introductions Forum, located in the week 1 lesson. Read some of the introductions posted by others, and reply to another student. Then, compose your own response to the questions and post it to the forum. (Please note that this is a graded assignment.)
|Before midnight on Sunday (PST) of the first week.|
- At the top of the course home page in Catalyst, click on Textbook Resources to familiarize yourself with the textbook web site.
- In the course, click on the Assignment 1 file posted in the week 1 lesson and read it, if you have not already done so.
Look ahead to Assignment 2 to see what will be due next week.
- Complete the assigned reading.
- Review the assigned presentations in the textbook resources.
- Click on the link for the Learning Styles Reflection Report, follow the posted instructions, and submit it in Catalyst. (Please note that this is a graded written assignment.)