CIS 15AG - Introduction to Computer Programming Using C
This class uses the C language to introduce concepts of computer programming:
- Problem solving, algorithms, and structured program design
- Programming, testing and debugging of well-structured programs in C
- Introduction to data types, expressions, control structures, functions, sequential files, and one-dimensional arrays.
It is recommended that you take these courses or the equivalence before CIS 15AG
- English Writing 211 and Reading 211 (or Language Arts 211), or English as a Second Language 272 and 273
- Computer Information Systems 50
- Mathematics 114
- Computer Applications and Office Systems 70AA
Computer Science: A Structured Programming Approach Using C - 3rd edition by Forouzan - Gilberg ISBN: 0-534-49132-4
This is a hybrid course, with 2.5 hours lecture, 1 hour lab per week on campus. Lab assignments and quizzes are online. Exams are on campus.
Letter grades will be assigned based on
- 8 programming assignments
- 2 midterm exams
- 1 comprehensive final exam