- SOCIAL CHANGE - Gradual for stability, 3 branches, special interest groups, problems
- HOW POLICY IS MADE IN U.S. - laws, regulations, funding. 3 steps to establish policy: persuade "a problem", pass laws, funds to implement, enforce.
- COURTS: IMPLEMENT OR WEAKEN? ~ every regulation is challenged. Effectiveness of lawsuits limited by expense, public interest, time.
- INDIVIDUALS - They matter: change from bottom up. Vote, Give money # time to candidates, write letters, educate, lawsuits
- Leadership - 3 types:
- By example: Change is possible and good.
- Creatively: Campaigning, voting, work.
- Challenging the system, values, solutions.