Is your English proficiency below the requirement for admission? You might be eligible for the Intensive Summer ESL Course!
If you are hoping to attend De Anza College on an F-1 visa – but have not scored high enough* on one of the accepted English proficiency tests – you may be admitted in the next fall quarter after you successfully complete a summer preparatory course in English as a Second Language: ESL 244.
* Required Scores
Here the required scores to be eligible for the Summer ESL Course:
- TOEFL iBT: 52-60
- IELTS: 5.0-5.9
- iTEP: 3.0-3.9
- Duolingo: 90-94 DET
- This course is only open to new F-1 visa students coming from outside the United States. Students transferring from another U.S. college or language school should apply for regular fall admission.
- Students applying for the Summer ESL Course must also complete the International Student Application and intend to enroll full-time at De Anza after successfully completing ESL 244.
This course will enable you to
- Continue your studies at De Anza in Fall quarter
- Earn 10 units of credit
- Get an early start on your studies and be better prepared for your academic courses at De Anza
- Become familiar with the campus and adjust to the culture of De Anza and the surrounding area.
Cost for the Course**
The cost of $2,500 USD includes:
- $500 non-refundable administrative fees
- $2,000 tuition & mandatory health insurance fees***
- $75 USD non-refundable application fee
- $75 USD express mail fee (if applicable)