Important New Regulations for Adding/Dropping and "W" Grade
- No Late Adds or Drops will be accepted/processed. All adds and no show drops must be completed the first two weeks of the 12-week term or by deadlines in the portal for late starting/nonconforming classes.
- "W" drops: W's are now assigned effective Census date. There is no “grade of no record” as in past terms.
- End of term adds/drop will not be accepted. Students who have attended all quarter without official registration will not be added retroactively.
Please consult the official De Anza College academic calendar for official dates
Taking more than 21.5 Units?
Students who wish to take more than 21.5 units, must petition through the ISP office (LCW-102) during the first week of the quarter. Petitions will not be considered before the first day of classes.
If you wish to take a class @ another school like Foothill College, while you are a full time student at De Anza College, you can through the Concurrent Enrollment Program. You must complete the form and have it approved/signed by a counselor in the ISP office before you are allowed to take classes @ another institution.
IMPORTANT: you must follow policies/regulations for adding/dropping, paying fees etc etc of the school you will be taking a course from.
Representatives from universities come to campus on a regular basis to meet with prospective students. See this listing for representatives that come to the ISP office. Please also be sure to check the Transfer Center Site for a more extensive list of school visits.
International Student Tuition & Fees
Be sure to read and understand your international fees and deadline by checking the summary of policies HERE
Also, check here for Refunds Policies & Procedures
New De Anza Payment System in place
Are you receiving emails from the ISP office on a regular basis? If not, we may not have your correct email address on file. Please send an e-mail to: email@example.com so that we can add you to our listserv and you don't miss important information concerning international students.
HELP! I need a counselor...
Do you have any questions related to your classes, adding/dropping, transferring, etc or do you need to discuss a personal matter? Come to the ISP office to meet with either Cleve Freeman or Jue Thao. Here is a guideline on when and for what to see a counselor.
NOTE: appointments fill up quickly, so plan ahead and be sure to keep your appointment or it'll be hard to re-schedule due to high demand.
DROP-IN Counseling ONLY during first & last week of a quarter (NO APPOINTMENTS)
Health Insurance cards are sent to students quarterly within the first 2 weeks of a new quarter. If you have not received your, please send an email to Angelica Strongone with your full name and De Anza ID# to request a copy.
Students admitted to universities and/or colleges for fall 2013, must follow these steps before departing De Anza this spring or summer quarter.
- Notify International Student Programs (ISP) office of your transfer by submitting a F-1 Student Exit Form along with the Admissions Acceptance Letter AND Transfer Clearance Form from the new school.
DATA WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO ONE SCHOOL ONLY!
- Contact transferring school informing them of your travel plans and let them know where to send the new Form I-20. If you plan to travel outside the U.S. this summer, you must re-enter with the new school’s Form I-20, SO DO NOT submit your I-20 to ISP for a travel request.
- Keep all important documents valid: F-1 Visa, Passport & I-94.
- Consult with an International Student Counselor on CSU or IGETC general education requirements and complete the General Education Certification Form by the end of the quarter at ISP.
If you are traveling this summer, Be prepared!
ISP has a very high volume of requests at this time, and with only one person (Joseph Ng) processing all of these requests, it will take a minimum of 3 weeks or longer to approve your request.
-original I-20 form and a
-completed F-1 Document Request Form to ISP ASAP!
F-1 visa students traveling without the appropriate documentation may be delayed or denied entry back to the USA.
Dates to Remember
Representatives from universities come to the ISP office to meet with students on a one-on-one basis. Check out dates & times here.
Always check the Transfer Center website for additional universities visits
The 2014 ISP sponsored workshops will be posted soon...
ISP Office Hours
Monday: 9am - 5pm
Tuesday: 9am - 6pm
Wednesday: 9am - 3pm
Thursday: 9am - 6pm
Friday: 9am - 1pm
Closed Saturdays & Sundays
Go to the Financial Aid Website to search and apply for scholarships!
Update "MyPortal" as well as complete the ISP Address Form and return to the ISP Office in person: Bldg LCW, Room 102
Social Security Number
You can only get a Social Security Number (SS#) if you find a job on campus first. Read more HERE.
Did you loose your I-20 or I-94?
Read procedures here on how to get a replacement.
TAG: Transfer Admission Guarantee
De Anza has agreements with other schools to guarantee admission. Click Here for more info.
Tip when Contacting ISP
If you email ISP staff please be sure to include your full name & De Anza ID# so that we can best help you with your inquiries. You can email any employee @ De Anza/Foothill if you know their last name/first name as: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you register for classes, you pay $5 for the ECO PASS which allows you to ride VTA buses free for the entire quarter.
Emergency Phone Numbers
From a campus phone: Dial 9-1-1
Dialing “9” before 9-1-1 from campus phones is NOT required
From a cell phone: 408.924.8000
For non-emergencies, call 650.949.7313 or dial extension 7-3-1-3 from campus phones when requiring police assistance
Campus Police Website