Introductory weather lab in which students work with observational data, graphics products, charts and instruments used by synoptic meteorologists to forecast weather. Lab sessions will include current weather products downloaded from the American Meteorological Society's "Online Weather Studies" homepage which has been specifically designed for this course and from De Anza College's automated rooftop weather station. Students will practice the analysis and decision-making skills employed by meteorologists to diagnose air patterns, understand air motions and predict future atmospheric conditions.
|45779||MET 10L||4||·T·R···||11:30 AM-12:45 PM||Terrence Mullens||S48|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-04-08 to 2019-06-28.
- 1 Units
- Three hours laboratory (36 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- MATH 210 or equivalent; MET 10 (may be taken concurrently).
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.