An introduction to the discipline of physical education through the discipline of karate. Includes a global and historical examination of the sport, rules, equipment, and etiquette of the sport. Intermediate karate skills and techniques of Japanese karate will be covered including blocking, punching, kicking, stances and individual evasive movement, and group interaction. Students will strive to understand and apply basic exercise physiology, nutrition, flexibility, and strength concepts in an effort to improve their physical condition in order to train at a more advanced level, with consideration for the variables that occur due to age, gender and physical conditions.
|45791||KNES 12E||62||M·W····||06:30 PM-07:20 PM||Pete Rabbitt||PE15|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-04-08 to 2019-06-28.
- 0.5 Units
- Two hours laboratory for the one-half unit course (24 hours total per quarter); three hours laboratory for the one unit course (36 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- KNES 12D or KNES 12DX, or approval of instructor.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.