The file /specialed/dish/appendix/responsibilities.html has been replaced by /dsps/dish/appendix/responsibilities.html. Please update your bookmarks/favorites list. If you are not automatically redirected to the new page in 15 seconds, use this link to get to Disability Support Programs & Services
Content below the horizontal line is no longer updated - DO NOT USE.
Interpreter/Captioner Services Policy And Student Responsibilities Form
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE STUDENT:
- If you are going to be absent from class, inform Deaf Services at least 24 hours in advance at email@example.com or (408) 310-0625 text msg. Also, notify Deaf Services if you will be late. The interpreter/captioner will wait 20 minutes for a one-hour class, 30 minutes for a two-hour class, and a maximum of 40 minutes for a class lasting three hours or more. After the wait time is over, the interpreter/captioner will report the “no-show” to the Deaf Services supervisor.
- Submit a “Request for Services” the PINK form to the Coordinator each quarter.
- Set up a notetaker for each class if you feel one is necessary.
- Submit "Interpreter/Captioner Request" forms one week in advance for all non-classroom
related needs, including final exams.
- If you don't understand what is happening in the class, or you are falling behind, get a
tutor. You can set up a tutor through the Tutorial Center in L-47. Apply at the beginning
of the quarter if you feel you need one.
ARTICLE V DEAF SERVICES:
Failure to notify Deaf Services for three (3) missed classes will result in interpreting/captioning services being cancelled. To be reinstated, students must all go through the formal grievance procedure provided by the College to all students.
Interpreters/Captioners will be provided for the deaf and hard-of-hearing one (1) time only for each course in which the student receives a grade of "C" or better.
A change in the student's schedule after the initial registration period may result in no interpreting/captioning services for the quarter.
A student receiving a grade of "D," "F," or "NC" will be permitted one opportunity utilizing interpreting/captioning services to retake the class in order to improve the grade. This should not be misconstrued to mean that the student cannot retake the class more than once to improve his/her grade. This may be done; however, the student will need to arrange interpreter services through means other than those provided by the college.
I have read and understand the "Responsibility of the Student" and "Article V" as stated above.
Rev. 1.2 8/07/01