Our purpose is to encourage students’ intellectual curiosity, personal growth and healthy life habits by promoting self-awareness, self-determination, and self-reliance to assist students in successfully navigating the educational landscape.
The division faculty and staff will nurture a vibrant college life, an environment characterized by mutual understanding, respect, and care in which students participate not only in their course work interact with and engage with other students, faculty, staff and the campus community at large.
- Student development and success is the top priority.
- Mutual respect is the basis for all healthy interaction.
- Cultural humility and appreciation for diversity is essential.
- Empowerment of student, staff and faculty benefits the campus community.
- Leadership opportunities are provided to foster growth and excellence in both professional and academic endeavors.
- Providing positive compassionate customer service is valued highly.
The mission of the Student Development Division at De Anza College is to provide high quality and comprehensive support services and activities to meet the academic, social development and health needs of De Anza College students.
AREAS of OVERSIGHT
Dean of Student Development & EOPS