CAS Small Group Learning Modules
Sign up for one of our Fall 2016 modules!
Find the topic, day, and time that you prefer and sign up.
Beginning Thursday, October 27, from 12:30 to 1:20 pm in the WRC (ATC 309)--Click here to sign up now!
Beginning Thursday, October 27, from 4:00 to 4:50 pm in the WRC (ATC 309)--Click here to sign up now!
Beginning Friday, October 28, from 11:30 am to 12:20 pm in the WRC (ATC 309)--Click here to sign up now!
Beginning Tuesday, October 25, from 12:30 to 1:20 pm in ATC 303--Click here to sign up now!
Beginning Wednesday, October 26, from 12:30 to 1:20 pm in ATC 303--Click here to sign up now!
Beginning Thursday, October 27, from 2:30 to 3:20 pm in ATC 303--Click here to sign up now!
Verbs Module - four 50-minute sessions, once per week
Through discussions and exercises, the students will learn how to identify verbs, correct subject-verb agreement errors, use correct verb tenses, and practice proofreading skills.
Here's what students who completed the Verbs Module said:
- "It was very helpful. I thought I knew verbs but there was more I did not know."
- "I could learn well because this is a small group."
- "I now know how to proofread verbs when checking my essays."
- "I am very clear with verb tense and subject-verb agreement now."
- "I was able to ask questions and participate in the class."
- "The class was comfortable for me. I didn’t have any stress."
Vocabulary Module - four 50-minute sessions, once per week
In this module students will read short stories and articles that will introduce them to new vocabulary. Students will practice using dictionaries to learn the meanings and word forms of new words. Through exercises and discussion, students will learn to use new vocabulary in sentences as well as discuss their understanding of the stories. Students will also learn and practice annotation skills.
Here's what students who completed the Vocabulary Module said:
- "I like this class. I made me rethink how to read."
- "I really liked it, and I think it should be required for every English class."
- "Improved my vocabulary!"
- "Loved it ... Great teacher kept me interested and very motivated."
- "I learned a lot of vocabulary words from this course, and I will keep doing this."
- "The group experience was great and made time fly by."
We look forward to working with you!