CAS Small Group Learning Modules
Find the topic, day, and time that you prefer and sign up.
Verbs Module - Choose from three times:
Beginning Wednesday, October 15, from 5:30 to 6:20 pm in the WRC (ATC 309) -- Sign up!
Beginning Friday, October 17, from 9:30 to 10:20 am in the WRC (ATC 309) -- Sign up!
Beginning Friday, October 17, from 11:30 am to 12:20 pm in the WRC (ATC 309) -- Sign up!
Vocabulary Module - Choose from two times:
Beginning Wednesday, October 15, from 12:30 to 1:20 pm in the WRC (ATC 309) -- Sign up!
Beginning Thursday, October 16, from 12:30 to 1:20 pm in the WRC (ATC 309) -- Sign up!
Beginning Thursday, October 16, from 3:30 to 4:20 pm in the WRC (ATC 309)
Verbs Module - four 50-minute sessions, once per week
Through discussions and exercises, the students will learn how to identify verbs, correct subject-verb agreement errors, use correct verb tenses, and practice proofreading skills.
Here's what students who completed the Verbs Module said:
- "Usually we do not learn about verbs because there are so many things to learn. So this course was good because I could focus on one thing."
- "It was very helpful. I thought I knew verbs but there was more I did not know."
- "I could learn well because this is a small group."
- "I know how to proofreading verbs when checking my essays."
- "I am very clear with verb tense and subject-verb agreement now."
- "I was able to ask questions and participate in the class."
- "The class was comfortable for me. I didn’t have any stress."
Vocabulary Module - four 50-minute sessions, once per week
In this module students will read short stories and articles that will introduce them to new vocabulary. Students will practice using dictionaries to learn the meanings and word forms of new words. Through exercises and discussion, students will learn to use new vocabulary in sentences as well as discuss their understanding of the stories. Students will also learn and practice annotation skills.
Here's what students who completed the Vocabulary Module said:
- "The small group really helps!"
- "I really liked it, and I think it should be required for every English class."
- "Improved my vocabulary!"
- "Loved it ... Great teacher kept me interested and very motivated."
- "I learned a lot of vocabulary words from this course, and I will keep doing this."
- "The group experience was great and made time fly by."
- "I learned many new vocabulary and techniques to improve my vocabulary."
We look forward to working with you!