Recycling @ De Anza
Hazardous and solid waste reduction and control is one of the six areas of focus for De Anza's Sustainability Management Plan (SMP).
At De Anza, you'll find labeled recycling bins throughout the campus.
Items to recycle into the blue bins all together
- Empty bottles
- Aluminum and tin cans
- Plastics #1-7
Note: There are seven types of consumer plastic or resin. They are identified by a number inside three chasing arrows.
Items you cannot recycle in the blue bins. See disposal location next to each item.
- Batteries — Collection bins located in Mailroom in Administration Building or Campus Center, Lower Level
- Food waste — Regular waste bins
- Dining Services cutlery and containers — 100% biodegradable and may be dropped into regular waste bins. Or bring your own drink container for coffee and other beverages!
- Tissue paper — Regular waste bins
- Paper towels — Regular waste bins
- Styrofoam packaging — Leave next to a blue recycling bin
- Printer cartridges — Send back to vendor
- Light bulbs — Contact Sally Gore in Facilities at 408.864.5438 for pickup
Here are some concepts to consider as we rethink our habits and
choices that impact the environment.
- Reuse - Use a reusable water bottle instead of buying water in a plastic bottle.
Contact Grounds Supervisor Joe Cooke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.864.8862 with questions about recycling at De Anza.