Frequently Asked Questions
- Definition of a Tenure Review Committee:
A Tenure Review committee is composed of a core committee and an at-large committee member. The core committee is made up of the Division Dean, and two tenured faculty members from the division. One of the division members, whenever possible, should be from the department. The core committee stays on the committee during all three phases of the Candidate’s tenure review period. The at-large committee member stays on for Phase I and Phase II.
- Do I need to be tenured to be on a tenure review committee?
- Who chooses the chair of the committee?
The core committee elects a chair person at the first meeting of the tenure review committee.
- I would like to serve on a tenure review committee but I am going on a one year sabbatical.
Committee member should look at their sabbatical schedule before agreeing to serve on a tenure review committee. Members should not be on a sabbatical during their service to the committee.
- Where do I find the timelines and forms for tenure review?
- I am having a problem with the tenure committee.
Please call Mary Bennett, Tenure Review Coordinator, to discuss the problem.