UC TAG Information Sessions
Planning to transfer to UC in Fall 2017?
Attend an information session this summer to review the 2017-2018 UC TAG program requirements.
Campuses participating in the UC TAG program: Davis, Irvine, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz
Information Session topics will provide:
- An overview of the UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) System and UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) System
- Special focus on UC Davis TAG criteria
- Specific procedures and deadlines at De Anza College
- Time for Questions & Answers
UC TAG Information Session Guidelines
- Registration required and offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Seating is limited so sign up early. Registration for each session will close upon reaching maximum seating capacity.
- Please cancel at least 24 hoursprior to workshop, if necessary, to allow other students to attend.
- Arrive promptly. Sessions will begin immediately as scheduled. If you anticipate being more than 5-10 minutes late, please plan on attending another session in the future.
- Bring a pen/pencil and paper or tablet device to take notes.
Fall 2017 UC TAG Information Sessions have ended.
Check back in Summer 2017 for the 2018-2019 UC TAG cycle.
Register for a UC TAG Information Session
Students must have a valid De Anza College Student ID to sign up on the Transfer Workshops Online Registration System.
NOTE: Online registration will close upon reaching the maximum seating capacity per workshop.
Special Notice: UC TAG Advising @ De Anza College
- Attendance at a UC TAG Information Session is strongly recommended.
- UC TAG advising with a counselor/academic advisor in the Counseling & Advising Center is limited to quick questions on a drop-in basis only.
- Bring a printed copy of your TAG application with you to a drop-in session.
- To make the most efficient use of your time, come prepared with specific questions.
- EOPS students must work with EOPS counselors/academic advisors to address any TAG questions/issues.
UC TAG Filing Period: September 1 - 30, 2016 (Fall 2017 transfer)
Prospective UC TAG applicants must first create a UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) account and then follow the prompts to apply for a UC TAG.
Students must submit their UC TAG application during the month of September AND are also required to submit a UC Application for Admission during the month of November. Failure to submit the UC Application for Admission by the filing deadline will void a student's UC TAG.
UC Application Filing Period: November 1 - 30, 2016 (Fall 2017 transfer)
The UC Online Application System opens August 1. Students may begin working on their UC application for admission early but must submit their UC application between November 1 - 30.
University of California - How to Apply
University of California - Apply Online
UC TAG Additional Resources
UC TAG Matrix^ [PDF]
^ NOTE: UC TAG Matrix is subject to revisions without notice. UC TAG applicants are advised to view/download the UC TAG Matrix posted on the UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) website on a periodic basis for possible updates.
Disclaimer: The final responsibility for successful transfer rests with the student. The information posted on the De Anza College Transfer Planning website is designed to assist you in obtaining the most accurate information possible. However, this information is subject to change without notice, which may subsequently impact your admission to the University.
Students are encouraged to meet as early as possible and periodically with a counselor or academic adviser at De Anza College or at the transfer institution to confirm your choice of classes and to develop an education plan for transfer.