Accounting at De Anza
Be a part of a dynamic program that boasts high employment and solid career growth
Everyone benefits from accounting courses.
- Accounting Majors looking to transfer to a four-year school with a major or minor in Accounting
- Business Majors looking to transfer to a four-year school with a degree in Management, Marketing, Finance or a related course of study
- Students seeking to make themselves more marketable for jobs requiring accounting skills
- Students with degrees needing accounting units to sit for the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) exam
- Anyone who plans to invest in the stock market or real estate market
Take the classes you need, to suit your schedule.
De Anza offers more than 15 accounting courses and multiple sections in a traditional classroom format, as well as online. Classes are offered year-round and held both during the day and in the evening to accommodate all schedules.
The Accounting department also offers specialized and advanced courses in Computerized Accounting, Quickbooks and the upper division courses one would see at a four-year university. We offer most of these courses every quarter in the traditional and online formats.
Learn from industry experts
Our faculty come to us with backgrounds in public accounting and with industry experience, and teach a variety of courses related to their expertise. They are known for their engaging, relevant coursework. Visit our Faculty & Staff page to access their websites and learn more about our instructors.
Gain experience through internships
Twice a year, De Anza accounting and business students are given the opportunity to attend recruiting events hosted by PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC), one of the famous "Big Four" and the second largest accounting firm in the world. These events are extremely popular and introduce students to PwC's Summer Leadership Programs, recruiting and internship opportunities, and the invaluable experience of networking, marketing your own skill set, and constructing effective resumes.
For more advanced students, prerequisite clearance is easy.
Students who have taken the first accounting courses (Financial and/or Managerial Accounting) at another institution and wish to take our advanced courses to qualify for the CPA exam, or who are looking for specialized training in accounting, can register for the advanced courses after getting academically cleared by one of our department co-chairs.
Follow these three easy steps:
- Complete a Prerequisite Clearance Form, indicating what accounting courses you have taken and which you would like to take.
- Email one of our Accounting department co-chairs, Michael Gough or Kevin Mello
- Attach the completed Prerequisite Clearance Form AND an unofficial pdf copy of your college transcript listing those accounting courses you have taken.