Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
These are just a few De Anza and Foothill students that received a free computer.
YOU CAN TOO! Please see information on the Computer Scholarship page.
The Occupational Training Institute provides high quality employment skills training within the Foothill-De Anza Community College District. Since 1975, OTI has prepared clients to re-enter the workforce in an abbreviated time frame.
Our programs support both De Anza and Foothill students, as well as provide local employers with qualified employees.
- CalWorks is a state-funded, welfare-to-work program designed to help individuals on TANF.
- Workforce Training program, providing support if you've been laid off and are economically disadvantaged
- CompTechS provides hands-on internships for students seeking careers in Information Technology.
- Internships are available through both CalWorks Work Study and CompTechS
Are you eligible?
You may qualify for services if you meet any of the following criteria
- Unemployed due to a company layoff or closure
- Receiving cash-aid (TANF)/CalWORKs,
- Receiving food stamps
- Seeking employment for a better job.
Job search workshops including:
- Resume and applications
- Interview techniques
- Professional dress and appearance
- Identifying and managing challenges
- Job retention
- Referrals to child care providers
- Assistance with financial aid
- Tutorial services
- Other services provided as needed.
OTI provides employment training at no cost for eligible individuals. Please call 408. 864.8869 or explore this website for more information
Our professional staff will help you meet your employment goals or connect you with an agency that can.
OTI prepares socio-economically disadvantaged students with career training and employment services including counseling and advisement, job preparation and placement while concurrently providing employers with qualified employees.
Who We Serve
OTI provides services to thousands of clients seeking job skills and job placement services. Many clients focus on certificate programs at either the Foothill or the De Anza campuses.
Our program coordinators design customized training programs tailored for the local job market to link job seekers with employers.
OTI provides accessible staff with job placement expertise and a thorough knowledge of clients' skills.
As part of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District, OTI works closely with all workforce education programs and is committed to responding to employer needs.