An introduction to the discipline of Physical Education through intercollegiate baseball. Includes a global and historical examination of the skills of competitive baseball and the changes that have influenced the modern game. Includes analysis of offensive and defensive play, team interaction, and baseball theory. Through the intercollegiate competitive experience, student/athletes will improve their individual skills, increase their ability to employ advanced strategies and increase their knowledge of team play. Exercise physiology, nutrition, flexibility and strength concepts for conditioning will be covered.
|42857||PE 47MX||1F||MTW····||01:30 PM-02:45 PM||Kulwant Singh||FLDBB|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-04-08 to 2019-06-28.
PE-047MX.01F - You MUST contact the coach before you add this class. This class is designated for the Men's Baseball Team at De Anza College. This class will be meeting off-campus at: 2450 Garcia Ave, Mountain View, CA 94043 For more information please contact Erick Raich: 408-864-8783.
- 1.5 Units
- Four and one-half hours laboratory for the one and one-half unit course (54 hours total per quarter); six hours laboratory for the two unit course (72 hours total per quarter); nine hours laboratory for the three unit course (108 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Competitive experience in baseball, physician's clearance and completion of eligibility forms; all second year athletes must fulfill academic requirements per the CCCAA (California Community College Athletics Association).
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.