Hello MC2 Students
Mark Your Calendars!
Financial Aid Workshop: Thursday, Jan. 21
- Noon-1 p.m. via Zoom
- RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover what financial aid is available to you, and how to get it! If you're a student on probation, stop by to find out what you can qualify for now, and in the future. Bring your questions!
Need assistance purchasing textbooks? Contact us at email@example.com
Black Student Empowerment Conference: Wednesday, Feb. 3
- 9 a.m.-Noon
- Attend via Zoom: deanza.edu/outreach/black-student-empowerment
Come together with high school students from across the region for an exciting, interactive online event!
Special guests will include
- Lloyd A. Holmes – President of De Anza College
- London Breed – Mayor of San Francisco
- Joseph Marshall – Founder of Alive & Free, Host of Street Soldiers Radio
Welcome to Winter 2021
We hope you had a Happy New Year!
As most of you know, the Men of Color counselors are passionate about supporting you in meeting your educational goal, transfer requirements, and getting started. Please reach out to us for support.
- To make an appointment with Jesus or Sheldon please use our online scheduling sytem.
It is always good to check in with a counselor at least two times during each quarter.
Due to COVID-19, our activities are put on hold. However, the Men of Color counselors will be emailing you all with virtual activities once we have them set up. We ask all active MC2 students to participate in at least two activities for the quarter. More information will be provided once we solidify the schedule.
We are currently planning the Rock the School Bells Conference. More information will be provided so look out for this upcoming event.
For Additional Support:
- Financial Aid: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or check their contact page for more information
- Admissions and Records or the Evaluations office: Use their online contact form
- Bookstore: Order books and materials on the Bookstore website
- If you are on our book voucher list, your funds should be ready for you. If not, please reach out to Jesus or Sheldon.
- Tutoring: You can find a tutor through our Men of Color Mentors program!
- Additional tutoring support is available through the Online Tutoring service
Again, welcome to Winter 2021. We look forward to supporting you.
The Men of Color Community (MC2) provides support and empowerment to men of color through active community engagement and facilitated mentoring relationships with student mentors, faculty and staff of color. The objective is to help students achieve success in all areas of their life as members of the De Anza College community.
MC2 was created to address declining transfer and completion rates for men of color. The program provides the space and resources for men of color to succeed in college and beyond.
Through cultural empowerment and community building, MC2 bridges the gap between the institution and the student.
MC2 is inclusive of all ethnic groups in order to promote equality throughout society and truly equal educational opportunities for all.
All students are welcome to join MC2 !
- Counseling and academic advising
- Transfer assistance and advising
- Scholarship and financial aid info
- Student-to-student tutoring and mentoring
- Help in maintaining priority enrollment
- Field trips to four-year universities
- Workshops and special events
- Tutoring in Math and English
- Stop by the Outreach Office in the Registration Building, Room 127
- Call us at 408-864-8327
- Email us at email@example.com
- You can also sign up for our email list
- Follow us or message us directly on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter