Summer Bridge is a program designed to ease your transition from high school to college. Summer Bridge students take two courses, HUMA 20 -"Life Skills for Higher Education" and COUN 200 - "Orientation to College". Participation in the program will help you adjust to college life and introduce you to college services.
You are eligible for the Summer Bridge Program if you meet the following requirements:
• You're a high school graduate OR 18 years old
• First-Generation College Student (parents do not have a college degree)
• First-Time, Never Attended College
The Summer Bridge Program will take place at De Anza College during the Summer 2013 six-week term - July 1, 2013 - August 8, 2013.
• Social/Cultural Events - meet other first-time college students
If you are interested in joining the Summer Bridge program, please complete the following steps:
• Field Trips - career and vocational exploration activities to help you make more informed career
• Speakers to explain campus services and resources that can work for you
• Academic and personal skills evaluation - learn what you need to succeed in college
• Earn 4 units of college credit transferable to both the CSU and UC
• Early enrollment in First Year Experience (FYE) program courses for the upcoming academic
- Apply to De Anza College
- Take the English Placement Test (please allow at least 3 weeks for placement results)
- Complete our online interest form
Because space is limited, applicants are encouraged to complete our interest form as early as possible.
Summer Bridge students participate in activities throughout their COUN 100 and HUMA 20 courses.