The Veteran Services Office at De Anza College is committed to serving all veterans, service members, and their families by proving a variety of services including educational benefits and resources. We are honored to serve you and help you achieve your goals in higher education.
De Anza Veterans Program mission is dedicated to providing student-veterans and their dependents with services that support the attainment of their academic and career goals.
Steps to Enroll with VA Benefits
Apply for Admission to De Anza
Apply for VA Educational Benefits
- Complete the online application at VA Educational Benefits
- Order transcripts from all colleges that you previously attended
- Request your Joint Services transcript
Complete the Assessment Process
- Complete the new student orientation by clicking here
Apply for Financial Aid
- Visit the Financial Aid office to apply for grants.
Meet with a Counselor
- Pick up a Referral Form from the Veteran Services Office to schedule an appointment with a De Anza Counselor to complete a Veteran's Education Plan for a VA approved program.
- Submit a copy of your completed Veterans Education Plan to the Veteran Services Office.
Meet with a School Certifying Official
Schedule an appointment with a School Certifying Official and bring the following documents:
- Certificate of eligibility; Ebenefits status of application.
- Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty ( DD- 214 Member 4) ; or current orders
- Notice of Basic Eligibility (N.O.B.E.) Reservists Only.
- Joint Services Transcript
School Certifying Officials