Meet With a Counselor or Academic Adviser
Currently enrolled De Anza students may schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor or academic adviser. Here's what you need to know.
Three ways to make an appointment
- Use the Counseling and Advising Center's online appointment system.
- Call the front desk at 408.864.5400.
- Stop by the front desk during office hours.
Tips for making the most of your visit
- When making your appointment, be sure to request a counselor (not an academic adviser) if you need assistance with academic probation, career exploration, a financial aid extension or personal counseling, or if you are a veteran needing help with an educational plan.
- Before you come in, prepare a list of questions that you want to ask.
- Bring your official transcripts from other colleges, your placement test scores, your educational plan and any other records that are relevant to the issues you want to discuss. (See the accordion list below for examples of relevant documents.)
- Be on time! Please check in 10 minutes before your appointment is scheduled to begin.
If you're a new, first-time college student
If you've transferred from another college
Be sure to take your placement tests. If you've already completed math, chemistry or biology courses at another college, or college-level English/ESL, see our page on General Rules to Clear Prerequisites.
If you're a former De Anza student
If are not enrolled for the current quarter, you must re-apply for admission (unless you attended in spring and it's currently summer session).
If you want to check progress toward graduation, degree or certificate
If you want to check progress toward transferring
If you need an educational plan for a financial aid extension
- When making your appointment, be sure to select "Financial Aid Educational Plan" as the reason for your visit.
- Bring all the documents on the checklist provided by the Financial Aid office.